HDFS, mail # user - final the dfs.replication and fsck

+
Patai Sangbutsarakum 2012-10-15, 19:01
+
Harsh J 2012-10-15, 19:18
Re: final the dfs.replication and fsck
Chris Nauroth 2012-10-15, 19:18
Hello Patai,

Has your configuration file change been copied to all nodes in the cluster?

Are there applications connecting from outside of the cluster?  If so, then
those clients could have separate configuration files or code setting
dfs.replication (and other configuration properties).  These would not be
limited by final declarations in the cluster's configuration files.
 <final>true</final> controls configuration file resource loading, but it
does not necessarily block different nodes or different applications from
running with completely different configurations.

Hope this helps,
--Chris

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Patai Sangbutsarakum <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Hadoopers,
>
> I have
> <property>
>     <name>dfs.replication</name>
>     <value>2</value>
>     <final>true</final>
>   </property>
>
> set in hdfs-site.xml in staging environment cluster. while the staging
> cluster is running the code that will later be deployed in production,
> those code is trying to have dfs.replication of 3, 10, 50, other than
> 2; the number that developer thought that will fit in production
> environment.
>
> Even though I final the property dfs.replication in staging cluster
> already. every time i run fsck on the staging cluster i still see it
> said under replication.
> I thought final keyword will not honor value in job config, but it
> doesn't seem so when i run fsck.
>
> I am on cdh3u4.
>
> please suggest.
> Patai