MapReduce, mail # user - Ignore keys while scheduling reduce jobs

+
Aseem Anand 2012-09-14, 11:06
+
Hemanth Yamijala 2012-09-14, 11:13
+
Aseem Anand 2012-09-14, 11:26
Re: Ignore keys while scheduling reduce jobs
Hemanth Yamijala 2012-09-14, 12:08
Hi,

Does the mapper know what is the 1st point in the data set and the cluster
id corresponding to it ? I don't know much about the kmeans algorithm,
hence may be wrong ..

If the mappers have this information, then, the map task can check from the
clusters data whether a cluster id pertains to the first point and emit it
only if this condition is true, ignoring all other records.

Then you can set up your job to have only one reducer that will get all
values for the single cluster id and process it.

Thanks
Hemanth