Avro >> mail # user >> Limitations in enum symbols not mentioned in the spec

+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 16:24
+
Francis Galiegue 2013-02-27, 16:27
+
Doug Cutting 2013-02-27, 17:55
Re: Limitations in enum symbols not mentioned in the spec
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 6:55 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The specification is more restrictive, it says:
>
>   The name portion of a fullname, record field names, and enum symbols must:
>    - start with [A-Za-z_]
>    - subsequently contain only [A-Za-z0-9_]
>
> The Java implementation is more liberal in what it accepts.
>
> This is discussed in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-1022.

Argh! OK, I have misread that part, I thought it only applied to names...

Sorry for the noise :/

One additional question: it applies to record field names, but _not_
map keys? Curious...

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com