MapReduce, mail # user - Container launch from appmaster

Re: Container launch from appmaster
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2012-01-10, 23:51
Yes, you can.

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.23.0/hadoop-yarn/hadoop-yarn-site/WritingYarnApplications.html#Writing_an_ApplicationMaster
should give you a very good idea and example code about this.

But, the requirements are not hard-fixed. If the scheduler cannot find
free resources on the nodes you mention, it will try to get containers
on a different node. Despite that, the total number of containers can
be controlled by limiting the count against the entry for "*".

HTH,
+Vinod