HBase, mail # user - Does Hbase read .bashrc file??

Re: Does Hbase read .bashrc file??
Stack 2013-05-11, 20:32
On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Aman,
>
>     Thank you so much for the quick response. But why would that happen? I
> mean the required env variables are present in hbase-env.sh already. What
> is the need to source bashrc?
>
> Consider a scenario wherein you want to run Hbase in standalone mode. You
> have a Hadoop setup on the same machine and HADOOP_HOME is set in bashrc,
> but you don't want to use hadoop for some reason. In that case Hbase will
> face connection issues as it'll try to contact the Hadoop host(as
> HADOOP_HOME is present in bashrc) which is not running because it is
> standalone setup. On the other hand if you are running Hbase in pseudo
> distributed mode and if you haven't set HADOOP_HOME in bashrc, it would
> still work.
>
> I'm sorry to be a pest of questions. I am actually not able to understand
> this. Pardon my ignorance.

Hey Tariq:

We generally try to avoid picking up anything from the environment.  This
is why you have define where you want to get your JAVA, etc., from in the
hbase configuration.  Is there something in particular that we are finding
in .bashrc that you notice?

Thanks,
St.Ack