Chukwa, mail # user - hicc start problem:"Unable to load dashboard"

+
scott 2012-05-24, 09:27
+
scott 2012-05-25, 04:03
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-08, 04:36
+
scott 2012-06-14, 10:26
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-15, 03:33
+
scott 2012-06-19, 02:37
+
Eric Yang 2012-06-19, 05:07
+
scott 2012-06-28, 10:19
Re: hicc start problem:"Unable to load dashboard"
Eric Yang 2012-06-29, 05:24
Hi Scott,

File tailing adaptors are using two file pointers to track the current
offset of the file.  First, file pointer is a persistent tracking, and
second file pointer is periodically check for end of file offset.
When the second file pointer offset is smaller than first file
pointer, occurrence of file rotation is detected.  LastModifiedTime
should also be compared between two file pointers to cover the case
where log file of previous day is 0 bytes and sudden increase of log
file for the next day.

You probably should do a rename or hard link for file A to **bak00,
then remove file A.  Let the file A recreate from scratch.  This will
save a lot of time in log file rotation.
Hope this helps.

regards,
Eric