HBase >> mail # dev >> Corrupted log file

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-04-30, 18:51
Re: Corrupted log file
Detecting the condition, printing the warning, and breaking the loop sounds
like an urgent bandaid solution to me.

-n

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:51 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When a log file (into /hbase/.logs) is corrupted, HBase is not able to
> start because it tries to read it again and again.
>
> Also, there is nothing into HBCK to detect that.
>
> Should we have something to check that? Like in hbck, we can simply try to
> open the log file, and read it? To report the warning?
>
> JM

+
Ted Yu 2013-05-01, 18:50
+