MapReduce >> mail # user >> Understand dfs.datanode.max.xcievers

Understand dfs.datanode.max.xcievers
Hi Guys,

We are having few data nodes in an inconsistent state.  frequently goes
dead state. Because of DataXceiver Error

In console we seen the Error.
*INFO hdfs.DFSClient: Could not obtain block*
blk_XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX_YYYYYYYY from any node: java.io.IOException:

currently we have this value.
dfs.datanode.max.xcievers, dfs.datanode.max.transfer.threads = 4096

currently monitering our cluster JVM monitoring using openNMS,
http://i.imgur.com/E1u0fev.png

Not at all hit 4096 value this value for this week . But frequently
the particular node goes dead state why? log says DataXceiver Error.
 dfs.datanode.max.xcievers value set to the particular node or across the
cluster Please guide me.

-Dhanasekaran.