HBase, mail # dev - Re: HBase - stable versions

Re: HBase - stable versions
Andrew Purtell 2013-09-04, 20:53
If LarsH is willing to stay on as RM for 0.94 then IMHO we should proceed
as today with the exception that 0.96 is what the stable symlink points to.

As long as 0.94 has someone willing to RM and users such as Salesforce then
there will be individuals there and in the community motivated to keep it
in good working order with occasional point releases. We should not throw
up roadblocks or adopt an arbitrary policy, as long as new features arrive
in the branch as backports, and the changes maintain our point release
compatibility criteria (rolling restarts possible, no API regressions).

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)