HBase >> mail # user >> GET performance degrades over time

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-16, 09:16
+
Bing Jiang 2013-05-16, 10:49
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-05-16, 16:28
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-16, 18:50
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-16, 18:43
Re: GET performance degrades over time
Going from memory, the swap value setting to 0 is a suggestion. You may still actually swap, but I think its a 'last resort' type of thing.

When you look at top, at the top of the page, how much swap do you see?
On May 16, 2013, at 1:43 PM, Viral Bajaria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Have you checked your HBase environment? I think it perhaps come from:
>> 1) System uses more swap frequently when your continue to execute Gets
>> operation?
>>

> I have set swap to 0. AFAIK, that's a recommended practice. Let me know if
> that should not be followed for nodes running HBase.
>

>> 2) check the setting "hfile.block.cache.size" in your hbase-site.xml.
>>

> It's the default i.e. 0.25
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-16, 18:53
+