Bigtop, mail # dev - Running Hive unit tests on a fully-distributed cluster

Running Hive unit tests on a fully-distributed cluster
Mark Grover 2013-04-16, 00:26
Hi all,
Is there a way to run Hive unit tests against a fully-distributed Hadoop
cluster? I poked around the code and was only able to find two modes -
local mode and miniMR. Is there a property or something similar that I can
set to do so?

 I have been contributing recently to Apache Bigtop<http://bigtop.apache.org>,
a project responsible for performing packaging and interoperability testing
of various projects in the Hadoop ecosystem, including Apache Hive. I would
really like Bigtop to leverage Hive's unit test framework but the catch is
that Bigtop needs to run tests in non-local mode. For now, I have created a
JIRA (HIVE-4362) for this but if such a way already exists please let me
know.

Mark