HBase >> mail # user >> Does Hbase read .bashrc file??

+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-11, 19:38
+
Amandeep Khurana 2013-05-11, 19:44
+
Mohammad Tariq 2013-05-11, 20:02
Re: Does Hbase read .bashrc file??
The #!/usr/bin/bash command in the script tells the shell to execute the
script as a bash script. The execution is done by forking off a new shell
instance, inside of which the bashrc is sourced automatically. It's not a
HBase script specific phenomena.

Like you said - removing the HADOOP_HOME env variable from the bashrc would
solve the problem.
On Sat, May 11, 2013 at 1:02 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Aman,
>
>     Thank you so much for the quick response. But why would that happen? I
> mean the required env variables are present in hbase-env.sh already. What
> is the need to source bashrc?
>
> Consider a scenario wherein you want to run Hbase in standalone mode. You
> have a Hadoop setup on the same machine and HADOOP_HOME is set in bashrc,
> but you don't want to use hadoop for some reason. In that case Hbase will
> face connection issues as it'll try to contact the Hadoop host(as
> HADOOP_HOME is present in bashrc) which is not running because it is
> standalone setup. On the other hand if you are running Hbase in pseudo
> distributed mode and if you haven't set HADOOP_HOME in bashrc, it would
> still work.
>
> I'm sorry to be a pest of questions. I am actually not able to understand
> this. Pardon my ignorance.
>
> Warm Regards,
> Tariq
> cloudfront.blogspot.com
>

> On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 1:14 AM, Amandeep Khurana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > The start script is a shell script and it forks a new shell when the
> > script is executed. That'll source the bashrc file.
> >
> > On May 11, 2013, at 12:39 PM, Mohammad Tariq <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > >           Does Hbase read the environment variables set in
> > > *~/.bashrc*file everytime I issue
> > > *bin/start-hbase.sh*??What could be the possible reasons for
> > that?Specially
> > > if I have a standalone setup on my local FS.
> > >
> > > Thank you so much for your time.
> > >
> > > Warm Regards,
> > > Tariq
> > > cloudfront.blogspot.com