HBase >> mail # user >> Does Hbase read .bashrc file??

Re: Does Hbase read .bashrc file??
The #!/usr/bin/bash command in the script tells the shell to execute the
script as a bash script. The execution is done by forking off a new shell
instance, inside of which the bashrc is sourced automatically. It's not a
HBase script specific phenomena.

Like you said - removing the HADOOP_HOME env variable from the bashrc would
solve the problem.