MapReduce >> mail # dev >> Fault injection framework for testing

Re: Fault injection framework for testing
Hadoop-1 includes framework called Herriot that would allow you to develop
on-the-cluster FI system tests. However, because of the some timing, it hasn't
been hooked into the maven build system Hadoop-2 branches.

Basically, I see two way of doing what you need to do here:
  - wait until the Herriot is integrated back (that might take a while,
    actually)
  - go along with MOP using Groovy and develop a cluster test for your
    feature. MOP won't require pretty much anything but a groovy jar to be
    added to the classpath of the java process(es) in question. With it in
    place you can instrument anything you want the way you need during the
    application bootstrap. In fact, I think Herriot would be better off with
    that approach instead of initial AspectJ build-time mechanism.

Hope it helps,
  Cos