HBase >> mail # user >> What your PMC sent to the apache board as our quarterly report

What your PMC sent to the apache board as our quarterly report
Every quarter the HBase PMC has to make a report to the Apache Board.  Here
is what we sent for this period (a minor, private item has been redacted).

Yours,
St.Ack

HBase is a distributed column-oriented database
built on top of Hadoop Common and Hadoop HDFS

ISSUES FOR THE BOARD’s ATTENTION

RELEASES

0.94.5 -- 02/15/2013
0.94.6 -- 03/22/2013
0.94.6.1 which replaces 0.94.6 -- 04/07/2013*

0.95.0, the first in a "Development" Series[3] of releases that preview
the coming 0.96.0 -- 04/07/2013

COMMITTERS

We added the following new committers over this period:

Amitanand Aiyer (Facebook) -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Anoop Sam John (Intel, was Huawei at time of vote) --
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sergey Shelukhin (HortonWorks) -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

PMC

We added the following PMC members over this report's period:

Jimmy Xiang -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Nicolas Liochon -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

COMMUNITY

Contribution rate is healthy.

We had HBase Bay Area Meetups on:

01/23/2013 at WibiData in San Francisco [6]
02/28/2013 at the Intel Mission Campus in Santa Clara [5]
04/11/2013 at adroll in San Francisco [4]

We are busy putting together our second annual conference which
will happen June 13th, in San Francisco[7].

30 committers [2] (Was 26 in last report -- I think I counted wrong
in the last report)
872 subscribers to the dev list (Was 833 at last report)
1974 subscribers to the user list (Was 1896 at last report)

* < 24 hours between discovery of critical issue that broke rolling
upgrades,
and roll out of the release

2. http://hbase.apache.org/team-list.html
3. http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.development.series