Chukwa, mail # user - Chukwa agents and collectors not responding to HUP signal

+
Noel Duffy 2012-01-24, 04:35
Re: Chukwa agents and collectors not responding to HUP signal
Ahmed Fathalla 2012-01-24, 07:29
I think I faced this issue sometimes. What's the OS you are running Chukwa
on?

I'd appreciate it if you open a new issue on JIRA for this, describing the
whole scenario in more details.

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 6:35 AM, Noel Duffy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I have a single Chukwa agent and collector running (chukwa 0.4.0), but
> neither will respond to the HUP signal that the stop-agents.sh and
> stop-collectors.sh scripts send. Even if I manually send a HUP signal to
> the process PID, it does not stop. In bin/chukwa, the shell script has
> these lines:
>
> if [ "$1" = "stop" ]; then
>  kill -1 `cat ${CHUKWA_PID_DIR}/$PID.pid`
> else
>  # run command
>
> So I assumed that the processes were designed to respond to a HUP signal
> and gracefully exit on receipt of one.
>
> I have not yet attempted to trace through the code. I thought I would
> first check to see if this is a known issue.

+
Noel Duffy 2012-01-24, 21:19