Drill >> mail # dev >> Market watch/design input

+
Michael Hausenblas 2012-09-05, 07:40
+
karthik tunga 2012-09-05, 07:54
Re: Market watch/design input

> I think this was already mentioned as part of the initial reading links.
> Its quite an interesting paper.
Hmmm. If you're referring to the 'Drill reading links' thread [1] - I didn't find it listed there.

FYI: I stumbled upon it via G+ today [2] and the earliest mentioning I was able to track down is a Wired post from late August [3].

Cheers,
  Michael

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-drill-dev/201208.mbox/%3CCAGzKHweziabN9yhsCFUMVaAn-GL3dGauCXh6zb6kg_Xwg3xNnw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
[2] https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ResearchatGoogle/posts/UaDPdYu2q1u
[3] http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/08/google-trillion-pieces-of-data/

--
Michael Hausenblas
Ireland, Europe

On 5 Sep 2012, at 08:54, karthik tunga wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think this was already mentioned as part of the initial reading links.
> Its quite an interesting paper.
> The storage format (dictionary encoding) differs from dremel. The
> distributed execution is similar to dremel.
>
> Cheers,
> Karthik
>
> On 5 September 2012 03:40, Michael Hausenblas
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>> All,
>>
>> Just stumbled upon 'Processing a Trillion Cells per Mouse Click' [1] by
>> the Google research folks (ignoring the name, PowerDrill, for now): though
>> in-memory dependent, this might be interesting for us?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>           Michael
>>
>> [1] http://vldb.org/pvldb/vol5/p1436_alexanderhall_vldb2012.pdf
>>
>> --