HBase, mail # dev - Regarding HBase client read zookeeper data in Secure HBase cluster

Re: Regarding HBase client read zookeeper data in Secure HBase cluster
Matteo Bertozzi 2012-05-26, 07:57
Since certain znodes are accessed by the client directly they must be
marked as readable by everyone, otherwise you get a NoAuth exception from
zookeeper since nodes are created by hbase and acl is set as
CREATOR_ALL_ACL. (patch available HBASE-6068)

Here a list of client methods that uses zookeeper directly, hbase shell
uses zookeeper directly to do the zk_dump.
HBaseAdmin.checkHBaseAvailable() -> exists() /hbase
ZKTable.populateTableStates() -> listChildrenNoWatch() /hbase/table/* znodes
ZKTable.getTableState() -> getData() /hbase/table/<table name>
HConnectionManager.getCurrentNrHRS() -> getNumberOfChildren() -> /hbase/rs/
shell zk_dump -> listChildrenNoWatch() /hbase/backup-masters/*