Sqoop >> mail # user >> Append to file

Append to file
Hello community,
1.       I'd like to know what people are doing when they need to do a daily Sqoop import, incremental or not, to append the data to an existing file. One possible solution I can think of is Hadoop archive files. Does Sqoop support an append to an existing file or HAR is the way to go in my scenario? Also

2.       Another question I have is that if I sqoop import using -as-avrodatafile in conjunction with -compress, the result is returned with .avro extension. If I wasn't using compression, I can cat the file, how may I view the file when it's compressed? I have three files with .avro extension, I tried to run gunzip -d on them but it won't recognize the codec.

Thank you.

Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.