Kafka >> mail # user >> tried following kickstart, says unknown host name

+
S Ahmed 2012-05-03, 01:06
+
S Ahmed 2012-05-03, 01:22
Re: tried following kickstart, says unknown host name
I'm on ubuntu, and when I type:

>hostname

Whatever I got as an output, I put that in my server.properties file (the
hostname= option), I still get the same error when trying to start the
server.

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 9:06 PM, S Ahmed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I downloaded 0.7, updated and packaged using sbt.
>
> I was able to run zooker, but when I tried running the kafka server I got:
>
> Error: Exception thrown by the agent : java.net.MalformedURLException:
> Local host name unknown: java.net.UnknownHostException: myhostname:
> myhostname
>
> (where myhostname was my host name :)  )
>
> Do I need to tweak the config property files or something?   I didn't
> touch anything, just wanted to get it going.

+
Jun Rao 2012-05-03, 01:57
+
S Ahmed 2012-05-03, 02:42