HBase, mail # user - (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7

+
anil gupta 2013-09-03, 23:26
+
lars hofhansl 2013-09-04, 00:35
+
anil gupta 2013-09-04, 05:03
+
anil gupta 2013-09-04, 05:06
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-04, 05:26
+
anil gupta 2013-09-04, 05:42
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-04, 06:04
+
anil gupta 2013-09-04, 06:17
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-04, 06:29
+
Stack 2013-09-04, 21:32
+
anil gupta 2013-09-05, 04:11
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-09-04, 21:14
Re: (HBASE-5261)HBase 0.94 cerification for JDK7
anil gupta 2013-09-05, 04:16
@Andrew: Inline

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've been testing high loads with HBase 0.94 and JDK 7 for a while, .17 and
> .25, with no observed issues. This is on the EC2 HVM instance types.
>
> On running with large heaps, your mileage will vary depending on workload.
> G1 is generally better than CMS. Given read-mostly workloads I think you
> will be pleased.

That's great. We will start the testing with .25 . Would you mind sharing
your heap size and jvm settings? For what kind of workload you tuned your
jvm settings?

> As far as I know, we've received positive testimonials on 0.94 and JDK 7 as
> this question has come up a few times. That may be about as good an
> "official certification" as one can get from open source.

I think, i am good for now since the community seems to be happy with JDK7
and cdh also certified it.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Anil Gupta