Sqoop >> mail # user >> Re: [sqoop-user] How to see the imported data

Re: [sqoop-user] How to see the imported data
Hi Tariq
       Please subscribe to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and post your
queries there, as this is the current active SQOOP mailing list. Moving
this conversation  to apache mailing lists.

        Can you post the SQOOP command you used to import data. Did you see
the map reduce job running to completion or was there any errors if so
please post the stack trace.

By the way does your import command looks something like this, just verify
you have the minimum required arguments
sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://db.*****.com/test_db --username user1
-P --table EMPLOYEES -split-by EMPLOYEE_ID --target-dir
/userdata/bejoys/testImports/EMPLOYEES

In this case the data would be availabe in HDFS under
/userdata/bejoys/testImports/EMPLOYEES , If you are using --warehouse-dir
instead of --target-dir then the data would be available within a directory
with name same as your imported table name within your specified warehouse
dir.

                You can import data from any jdbc compliant database to
SQOOP irrespective of the location of your data base server. The server can
be in any remote location, you just need the database connection url and
the access credentials. For SQOOP with oracle there is an optimized
connector called Oraoop. You can utilize that for better performance

      In default mode without oraoop, you can use the import as
sqoop import --driver <full path of driver> --connect
jdbc:oracle:thin:@//db.*****.com/db_name
--username User -P --table Test_Table --split-by Column_1 --num-mappers 13
--target-dir /userdata/bejoyks/sqoop/qatest/Test_Table

You need to have the oracle jdbc driver jar in your class path (sqoop lib
dir or use the -libjars option).

For reference
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/sqoop/SqoopUserGuide.html#_oracle
http://www.cloudera.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/oraoopuserguide-With-OraHive.pdf