HBase, mail # dev - [VOTE] The 6th hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download

Re: [VOTE] The 6th hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download
Enis Söztutar 2013-10-16, 02:14
Spent the day testing the RC. Here is my +1 based on:

 - Downloaded artifacts for -hadoop1-bin -hadoop2-bin and -src
 - Verified checksums for the artifacts (except for RMD160)
   Note: It would be useful if we can get these in a machine readable
format to do automated verification with {sha*|md5}sum -c (for the next
time)
 - Verified signatures
 - Checked out documentation
 - Checked out layouts for artifacts
 - Verified hadoop versions
 - Run local cluster
 - Build source artifact with hadoop1 and hadoop2
 - Run small unit tests
 - Deployed on a 7 node cluster with hadoop-2
 - Run small tests including LoadTestTool, ITBigLinkedList, ITLoadAndVerify
and some shell smoke tests

Plus we have been running the tip of 0.96 branch through our test harness
including many IT's with and without CM configurations.

Let's ship it !