HDFS >> mail # dev >> Re: [Vote] Merge branch-trunk-win to trunk

+
Arpit Agarwal 2013-02-27, 22:08
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-02-28, 02:17
> I have attached a patch to the jira:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12571338/branch-trunk-win-min.patch
> The number of lines goes to 1537 lines from the original patch with 15958
> lines.

Suresh, this might be a confusing statement as your patch includes
only Yarn changes.
Could you please update it.

Thanks,
--Konst

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Suresh Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I'm concerned about the above. Personally, I don't have access to any
>> Windows boxes with development tools, and I know nothing about developing
>> on Windows. The only Windows I run is an 8GB VM with 1 GB RAM allocated,
>> for powerpoint :)
>

>> If I submit a patch and it gets -1 "tests failed" on the Windows slave, how
>> am I supposed to proceed?
>>
> I think a reasonable compromise would be that the tests should always
>> *build* on Windows before commit, and contributors should do their best to
>> look at the test logs for any Windows-specific failures. But, beyond
>> looking at the logs, a "-1 Tests failed on windows" should not block a
>> commit.
>>

> I think these concerns may be exaggerated.
>
> I have attached a patch to the jira:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12571338/branch-trunk-win-min.patch
> The number of lines goes to 1537 lines from the original patch with 15958
> lines.
>
> So the choice of Java in Hadoop meant that the work required was minimal.
> Most
> of the changes are related platform specific behavior such File separator
> and line
> separator which are fairly trivial to debug and fix.
+
Kanna Karanam 2013-02-28, 19:26
+
sanjay Radia 2013-02-28, 23:08