Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Maximum size of a snapshot

Re: Maximum size of a snapshot
Client will get session expire event only when a server explicitly tells
the client. So any established sessions will remain in a disconnected
state during the period

So my comment about the need for longer session timeout might be
incorrect. While the quorum is down during leader election, session won't
expire during this period. When the quorum comes back, the client have to
reconnect within session timeout in order to resume the session.  However,
client won't be able to issue any read/write request or create a new
session while the quorum is down.

However, some application may need a stronger consistency guarantee. They
will have a special logic to abort the client if it was disconnected for
an extended period. This is because the client won't be able to tell if
the quorum is down or there is a network partition between the client and
the quorum.
--
Thawan Kooburat