Bigtop >> mail # user >> Lightweight /miscellaneous user tests

Lightweight /miscellaneous user tests
one idea I had was to have a submodule for unrelated/miscellaneous "contrib" tests so that people could just add shell scripts into a resources directory and mvn verify would just run each as a test.

The generic Test groovy file could just do an ls, and run each script and examine the exit code.

Thoughts/opinions on this?

This would allow people to use bigtops test framework along with their own custom smokes, without having to create new maven submodules.

I'm not sure it's a perfect idea but just want to see if anyone else wants this , if so it would be nice to add a miscellaneous test module into test artifacts that runs all the shell scripts in resources/ and passes/fails accordingly.