Hadoop, mail # general - Interesting: bigdata is a registered trademark

Re: Interesting: bigdata is a registered trademark
Owen O'Malley 2011-08-05, 17:17
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Segel, Mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I should add. In terms of Hadoop, 'Big Data' is a term to describe the
> problem set and not any specific product.

It is probably worth ensuring that we use "big data" with no caps to make it
clear we are using the descriptive term rather than a product name of any
kind.

-- Owen