Flume >> mail # user >> flume-cassandra

+
Sri Ramya 2013-01-23, 17:59
+
rektide 2013-01-23, 18:23
+
Camp, Roy 2013-01-23, 18:52
+
shekhar sharma 2013-01-24, 01:53
+
Sri Ramya 2013-01-24, 03:30
+
Mike Percy 2013-01-24, 04:56
+
Sri Ramya 2013-01-24, 05:05
+
Mike Percy 2013-01-24, 05:13
+
Sri Ramya 2013-01-24, 05:45
Re: flume-cassandra
Hi Sri,
Flume NG has a single role called an agent. Agents can be configured into
arbitrary topologies, such as a fan-in (converging) topology like you
describe.

I think it would help you to read up on the architecture of Flume NG here:
https://blogs.apache.org/flume/entry/flume_ng_architecture - note that this
article is more than a year old but it describes something of why Flume was
re-architected and what the implications are. At this point, Flume NG has
stabilized and it can handle virtually any use case that Flume OG could
handle. Plus, Flume NG is more reliable, more supported (i.e. if you find a
bug, it will get fixed), and easier to keep running. Of course, it is your
call to do as you wish.

Regards,
Mike

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM, Sri Ramya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> flume agents sends data to one host which is called flume collector. Its
> there in cloudera flume.
>

> On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 10:43 AM, Mike Percy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> What do you mean by "collector"?
>>

>> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 9:05 PM, Sri Ramya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Thank you very much. But I need a collector in my application, flume-ng
>>> does not have any collector. Thats why i started with Cloudeera flum. Now i
>>> am getting a problem with integrating flume collector with cassandra.  If
>>> any body tried it before please help me.
>>> thank in advance.

+
Priyanka Jain 2013-01-24, 05:46
+
Sri Ramya 2013-01-24, 05:50
+
Ralph Goers 2013-01-28, 16:56
+
Sri Ramya 2013-01-29, 03:54
+
Sri Ramya 2013-01-29, 05:15
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2013-01-29, 07:31
+
Ralph Goers 2013-01-29, 19:24
+
Yogi Nerella 2013-01-29, 19:43