Hive >> mail # user >> Hive on Standalone Machine

+
Savant, Keshav 2012-04-25, 07:43
+
Ashish Thusoo 2012-04-25, 13:07
+
Aniket Mokashi 2012-04-25, 22:13
+
buddhika chamith 2012-04-26, 03:56
+
Edward Capriolo 2012-04-26, 04:07
Re: Hive on Standalone Machine
On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> we have an open ticket to run jobs without bin/hadoop do you care to
> share that code?

Sure I will provide a patch.

Regards
Buddhika

> On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 11:56 PM, buddhika chamith
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > If you are talking about running Hive in local mode without pointing to a
> > $HADOOP_HOME I don't think it would work even if you include hadoop-core
> > dependency in Hive classpath since in local mode Hive will use hadoop
> > scripts present in  $HADOOP_HOME/bin. I came across the same requirement
> > recently and I got it working by changing the Hive local mode job
> submission
> > code a bit to directly invoke hadoop without going through the hadoop
> > script.
> >
> > Regards
> > Buddhika

+