MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [Vote] Merge branch-trunk-win to trunk

Suresh, I appreciate all the troubles you're going through wrt syncing up the
huge patch for a long time - I really do.

I am not asking to have full test-patch process in place. But I think it is a
real good idea to have a way to run the full test suite once in a while - or
as Konstantin proposing - for a given patch, to make sure that codebase
doesn't bitrot at the edges.

"Official" support has nothing to do with the issue - you're trying to build a
straw man argument around this. What is relevant, on the other hand, is that
Windows is so different from _any_ Unix or pseudo-Unix flavors, including
Windows with Cygwin - that even multi-platform Java has hard hard time
dealing with it. This is enough, IMO, to warrant a separate checkpoint.

I hope I have explained myself better.
  Cos