Sqoop >> mail # user >> Sqoop and creating external table

+
Santosh Achhra 2013-01-07, 11:52
Re: Sqoop and creating external table
Hi Santosh,
Sqoop is not supporting HIVE external tables at the moment.

Feel free to file a JIRA [1] to add such support.

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP

On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 07:52:17PM +0800, Santosh Achhra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is creating external tables not supported in Sqoop ? When I execute sqoop
> import command with --hiveimport option, by default a managed tables is
> getting created, then I have to fire Alter command to change table
> properties to change table to external table
>
> Good wishes,always !
> Santosh
+
Ranjith 2013-01-08, 03:27