Bigtop >> mail # user >> Probably Bugs in Hive Install

+
Steven Núñez 2013-11-21, 03:29
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-11-26, 05:40
Re: Probably Bugs in Hive Install
Hi SteveN,
Sorry about the trouble.

Along the lines of what Roman said, I would encourage you to install and
use a PostgreSQL or MySQL database for storing Hive's metadata.

Then, you can configure hive-site.xml to use that DB as metastore.

If you google search for "hive metastore mysql", one of the top hits should
contain all the information you need to set up the MySQL database
(schema/users/etc.) and how to configure hive-site.xml

Once you have done that, life should be better.

Sorry for the rather terse response but please do let me know how it goes.

Mark