Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo software and processes owner

Re: Accumulo software and processes owner
Terry,

To properly secure you Accumulo install it's important that the shared
secret in the Accumulo configs only be shared with the Accumulo processes,
so I would recommend using a separate accumulo user.

In HDFS you can create the directory that Accumulo writes to (/accumulo by
default) and then chown it to accumulo. That ought to get you started. If
trash is enabled in HDFS (fs.trash.interval set to something other than 0,
I believe) then you may also have to create the accumulo home directory in
hdfs and chown that as well.

Cheers,
Adam