HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Improvement: Provide better feedback on Put to unknown CF

+
Dhaval Shah 2012-07-10, 13:07
+
Michael Segel 2012-07-10, 22:15
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 22:20
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-07-09, 12:25
Re: Improvement: Provide better feedback on Put to unknown CF
I agree.

On Jul 9, 2012, at 5:25 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When we try to add a value to a CF which does not exist on a table, we
> are getting the error below. I think this is not really giving the
> right information about the issue.
>
> Should it not be better to provide an exception like
> UnknownColumnFamillyException?
>
> JM
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedWithDetailsException:
> Failed 1 action: DoNotRetryIOException: 1 time, servers with issues:
> phenom:60020,
>    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.processBatchCallback(HConnectionManager.java:1591)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation.processBatch(HConnectionManager.java:1367)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.flushCommits(HTable.java:945)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.doPut(HTable.java:801)
>    at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.put(HTable.java:776)
>    at org.myapp.app.Integrator.main(Integrator.java:162)
+
Michael Segel 2012-07-09, 13:37
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2012-07-09, 13:42