Avro >> mail # user >> Configuring avro-maven-plugin to generate java classes with non-default field properties

+
Pankaj Shroff 2013-03-14, 06:53
Re: Configuring avro-maven-plugin to generate java classes with non-default field properties
The fieldVisibility tag can be added to the avro-maven-plugin
configuration in your pom.xml.

For example:

  <configuration>
    <fieldVisibility>private</fieldVisibility>
  </configuration>

Accepted values are "public", "private" and "public_deprecated" (the default).

Doug

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM, Pankaj Shroff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> In the OpenRTB reference implementation, I use the avro-maven-plugin
> exclusively to generate java classes from .avpr protocol definition files.
> Since release 1.6.1 of Avro (I believe), the avro SpecificCompiler defaults
> to marking the fields of generated classes to be PUBLIC_DEPRECATED
> (@Deprecated directive and public scope) by default. Reading the archives
> and the patch that changed this behavior since 1.5.x, I know that one can
> use SpecificCompiler in java code and call setFieldProperties to change the
> default behavior. But is there also any way to change this using the
> apache-maven-plugin ?
>
> I was hoping for examples of pom.xml that show how to add <configuration>
> parameters to the avro-maven-plugin so that generated java sources have
> field properties PUBLIC or PRIVATE and not PUBLIC_DEPRECATED (default).
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Pankaj Shroff
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]