Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Use Zookeeper to generate Minimum Spanning tree

+
mregmee 2013-10-04, 22:53
Re: Use Zookeeper to generate Minimum Spanning tree
This should be possible.  Basically you need to treat Zookeeper as a broadcast medium in which you carry link state information (a ZK node per graph vertex).  It's a link state protocol using Zookeeper as the transport.

The most straightforward thing would be to create a ZK node per vertex in a flat space at one ZK parent node, and have everyone watch the parent node for changes.

The rest is a small matter of graph theory and distributed computation.  If you give up the idea of a truly minimum spanning tree (such as in the spanning tree protocol for LAN bridges) it's easier.

--Dave