Accumulo >> mail # user >> Exception when starting tablet server

Re: Exception when starting tablet server
OK, the following steps might get you up and running with hadoop 2 and
accumulo trunk.

Only for CDH - configure your maven settings.xml as Josh describes here:
https://github.com/joshelser/accumulo/blob/trunk-cdh3/README.cdh3

For Apache Hadoop - compile using the following command:
mvn clean package -Dhadoop.profile=2.0
For CDH - compile with flags to indicate versions:
mvn clean package -Dhadoop.profile=2.0 -Dhadoop.version=2.0.0-cdh4.1.2
-Dzookeeper.version=3.4.3

Configure accumulo using one of the sets of example configuration files,
but edit accumulo-site.xml to add the locations of the hadoop jars to
general.classpaths.  For example, adding the following directories worked
for me with hadoop 2.0.2-alpha.
$HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/common/[^.].*.jar,
$HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/common/lib/[^.].*.jar,
$HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/hdfs/[^.].*.jar,
$HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/hdfs/lib/[^.].*.jar,
$HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/mapreduce/[^.].*.jar,
$HADOOP_HOME/share/hadoop/mapreduce/lib/[^.].*.jar,

Initialize and start as usual.

Good luck!
Billie