Hadoop, mail # user - Best practice to migrate HDFS from 0.20.205 to CDH3u3

Re: Best practice to migrate HDFS from 0.20.205 to CDH3u3
Nitin Pawar 2012-05-03, 06:53
i can think of following options

1) write a simple get and put code which gets the data from DFS and loads
it in dfs
2) see if the distcp  between both versions are compatible
3) this is what I had done (and my data was hardly few hundred GB) .. did a
dfs -copyToLocal and then in the new grid did a copyFromLocal

--
Nitin Pawar