MapReduce >> mail # user >> RE: Which hadoop installation should I use on ubuntu server?

RE: Which hadoop installation should I use on ubuntu server?
Hmm, seems intriguing. I'm still not totally clear on bigtop here. It seems
like they're creating and maintain basically an installer for Hadoop?

I tried following their docs for Ubuntu, but just get a 404 error on the
first step, so it makes me wonder how reliable that project is.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BIGTOP/How+to+install+Hadoop+dis
tribution+from+Bigtop

Has anyone actually used bigtop to deploy Hadoop in a production
environment?