HBase >> mail # dev >> No protoc maven target?

Re: No protoc maven target?
On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 10:36 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> missed that README. Anyway, wasn't hard to figure out, just wondered why there wasn't a convenient maven target.

My guess is that it was thought the content of the README enough.  You
think we should add the mvn target?  If so, make issue and I'll have a
go at it.

> While we're at the topic. I found that Put/Delecte and Increment still implement the Writable interface and still provide write and readFields methods.
>

> A feeble attempt to just remove them shows that they are still used here:
> - IdentityTableReduce.java
> - MultiPut.java
> - HRegionServer.checkAndMutate
>

> Are these still needed for M/R or in HBaseObjectWritable?
>
> If we end up having to keep these writable implementations around it pretty much defeats the wire compatibility goal.

Please make a a blocker issue on 0.96.

Good on you Lars,
St.Ack

 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>