Accumulo >> mail # user >> Reverse timestamp order?

+
Mike Hugo 2013-02-15, 23:05
Re: Reverse timestamp order?
Mike,

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-803

There's some chatter about whether or not this will be included in the
1.5.0 release. I'd encourage you to leave some feedback on the ticket in
the positive if you'd like this more "natively" supported.

On 02/15/2013 06:05 PM, Mike Hugo wrote:
> When iterating over multiple versions of the same key, is there a way to
> receive them in chronological order rather than last inserted first?
>
> For example, if I insert
>
> aKey cf1 cq1 10 aValue1
> aKey cf1 cq1 20 aValue2
> aKey cf1 cq1 30 aValue3
>
> When scanning I receive them in reverse timestamp order - which is great
> for retrieving the most recent version
>
> aKey cf1 cq1 30 aValue3
> aKey cf1 cq1 20 aValue2
> aKey cf1 cq1 10 aValue1
>
> If I'd like to "replay" history, should I basically grab the whole list
> and then invert it, or is there a built in way to do this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Mike

+
Aaron Cordova 2013-02-16, 00:38