HBase >> mail # user >> CopyTable

Context:
I'm working on getting replication set up, and a prerequisite for me is to
rename the table (since you have to replicate to the same name as the
source). For this, I'm testing a CopyTable strategy, since there doesn't
seem to be a good way to rename a table (please correct me if I'm wrong).

My question:
According to [1], the CopyTable job takes an argument "all.cells" which "Also
copy delete markers and uncollected deleted cells (advanced option)."

I'm confused by the "advanced option" bit. When would you not want to copy
deletes over to a new table? Without that, it seems like you could end up
with more data than you were expecting in the target table.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks,
Patrick
[1] http://hbase.apache.org/book/ops_mgt.html#copytable