MapReduce, mail # user - Copy files from remote folder to HDFS

Copy files from remote folder to HDFS
Panshul Whisper 2013-01-25, 01:09
Hello,

I am trying to copy files, Json files from a remote folder - (a folder on
my local system, Cloudfiles folder or a folder on S3 server) to the HDFS of
a cluster running at a remote location.
The job submitting Application is based on Spring Hadoop.

Can someone please suggest or point me in the right direction for best
option to achieve the above task:
1. Use Spring Integration data pipelines to poll the folders for files and
copy them to the HDFS as they arrive in the source folder. - I have tried
to implement the solution in Spring Data book, but it does not run - no
idea what is wrong as it does not generate logs.

2. Use some other script method to transfer files.

Main requirement, I need to transfer files from a remote folder to HDFS
everyday at a fixed time for processing in the hadoop cluster. These files
are collecting from various sources in the remote folders.

Please suggest an efficient approach. I have been searching and finding a
lot of approaches but unable to decide what will work best. As this
transfer needs to be as fast as possible.
The files to be transferred will be almost 10 GB of Json files not more
than 6kb each file.

Thanking You,
--
Regards,