Flume, mail # user - High level technical overview of output bucketing for flume (old-gen) ?

High level technical overview of output bucketing for flume (old-gen) ?
Bertrand Dechoux 2013-01-04, 14:22
Hi,

I am using flume (old gen) as an extension to an existant syslog system and
would like to use the timestamp of the syslog message as the timestamp of
the flume event.
I guess the timestamp is used for the '*Fine grained escape sequences date
and times*' but I don't have a clear understanding of it.
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/flume/UserGuide/#_output_bucketing

Could someone point me to where those sequences (like %d) are interpreted?
I would like to be sure I am not missing anything obvious.

Thanks in advance

Bertrand

PS : I know an unrelated recommandation would be to use flume-ng but this
is not the topic of this email.