Hive >> mail # user >> create table LIKE for external tables?

Re: create table LIKE for external tables?
Thanks, I should have tried adding "external" before asking :)

Although, it doesn't work in EMR Hive. Table B is still 'described' as
managed so I had to run

alter table B set tblproperties('EXTERNAL'='TRUE');

along with changing the location.

Everything seems to work now!