Hadoop >> mail # user >> Decommission multiple datanodes at a time?

+
jiang licht 2010-08-31, 19:58
+
Allen Wittenauer 2010-08-31, 20:04
Re: Decommission multiple datanodes at a time?
Not sure if it's up to date, but the FAQ attempts to answer this question:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/FAQ#A17.

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Allen Wittenauer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> On Aug 31, 2010, at 12:58 PM, jiang licht wrote:
>
> > Is the number of nodes to be decommissioned bounded by replication
> factor?
>
> No, it is bounded mainly by network bandwidth and NN/DN RPC call rate.
> I've seen decommissions of like 400 nodes at once.

+
Steve Loughran 2010-09-01, 10:19