Flume >> mail # user >> Re: Flume secure communication

Re: Flume secure communication
No network encryption support yet but there is a patch up at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-997 for this functionality. You are welcome to take a look and provide any comments. Not sure what you mean by #2, you would have to share more about your requirements / use case.

Regards,
Mike

On Mar 11, 2013, at 11:26 PM, Deepak Tiwari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I have to install Flume and ensure that data transfer from Agent to Collector to Sink is secure enough. I noticed that some changes related ssl in FLUME-13 and that is very old. I see some discussion at http://search-hadoop.com/m/Unjdh2ovsNE/v=plain but I dont know if there is any update after.
>>
>> I request someone, if possible to give a qualified answer to
>>
>> 1. Is encryption possible in the Agent to Collector to Sink communication.
>> 2. If not, does that mean RPC communication is secure enough if not encrypted.
>> 3. Any pointers for security related design.
>>
>> Thanks very much for reading this much and appreciate someone's insight.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Deepak

+
Inder Pall 2013-03-12, 07:29