Hive >> mail # user >> hive & starschemas.

hive & starschemas.
Hi all,

I've been using hive with snappy and avro combined for a little while now compared to our older star schema setup with hive and wanted to share this experience with other hive users:
http://tech.ebuddy.com/2013/03/28/from-star-schema-to-complete-denormalization/
I realize there is more to be said about star schema's than simply looking at speed but for us speed was the main motivation in the past.

Bennie.