Pig >> mail # dev >> Pig User Group

Re: Pig User Group
Since these meetups can't be official Apache meetings, you don't need permission from Apache.  By arranging them on this list you're keeping the community involved, so that's good.

As far as logistics, it's up to you as the organizer.  You could ask the host to offer pizza & drinks, or just coffee, or whatever.  Also, you could arrange an agenda ahead of time or do the unconference thing they like to do at the SF HUG.  Whatever you want.

I do own the Pig meetup group on meetup.com.  If you let me know the time and place I'll put it on there so all the people signed up there can find out about it and participate if they're interested.

If we want to rotate, for the times we're in the valley Hortonworks would be happy to host too.  The more places we can have host it the better, as people are much more likely to attend when the meeting is in their own office or right next door.

Alan.