Bigtop >> mail # user >> Hive/HCatalog/Pig/etc.. smoke tests vs full integration tests

Hive/HCatalog/Pig/etc.. smoke tests vs full integration tests
I have found that there are a series of elegantly organized smoke tests in
hcatalog.

For example:
https://github.com/apache/bigtop/blob/master/bigtop-tests/test-artifacts/giraph/src/main/groovy/org/apache/bigtop/itest/giraphsmoke/TestGiraphSmoke.groovy

Now I'm wondering, is there a next level of integration tests for
individual ecosystem tools in BigTop?

i.e. is there a full set of integration tests that confirm, for example,
that hive is correctly working on my cluster?  Or is the hive smoke test
sufficient?
--
Jay Vyas
http://jayunit100.blogspot.com